We hope you love our recommendations! Some may have been sent as samples, but all were independently selected by our editors. Just FYI, BuzzFeed and its publishing partners may collect a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page.
Space-saving storage products, compact furniture, and other products here to make living in a tiny space a whole lot better.
1. A Shoe Slotz space saver designed to *double* the amount of shoes you can store by neatly stacking each pair of shoes on top of each other — without getting all squished!
Sally Elshorafa / BuzzFeed, Amazon
Here’s what BuzzFeed Shopping editor Sally Elshorafa has to say about this handy organization unit: “This product SAVED MY SHOES! I have an awkward set of built-in shelves in my closet, and it was the only place I wanted to put my shoes. As you can see from the before pic (above), it was a big mess; my shoes were piled on top of each other and getting really dirty. Traditional shoe caddies or boxes didn’t really work because there’s not much horizontal space, so I tried the Shoe Slotz. It fixed the problem perfectly! Because the design smartly stacks one shoe on top of the other, you save 50% of the space you’d normally use to store your shoes.”
Promising review: “These things are genius. I had my closet redone and asked for the back wall to have cubbies so I can easily display my shoes, but I either underestimated the number of shoes I have or overestimated the space that was in the closet, and I couldn’t display them all. I bought a few packs of these and now I have extra space. I guess I’ll have to go out and buy more shoes now!” —Hercules
Get a 10-pack from Amazon for $32.99+ (also available as a pack of 20 or 40).
2. A set of magnetic glass spice jars you can stick to the fridge, freeing up a cabinet for other storage needs.
Promising review: “I am in love with my magnetic spice jars! I recently moved to a small apartment and don’t have the counter or wall space to store spices or a spice rack, so magnetic jars it was! I love how these have a decorative feel while providing a secure way to store the spices. Unlike other magnetic spice jars, I feel that these add an extra flair to displaying your assorted spices.” —rae.m.wri
Get a 12-pack of small jars from Amazon for $70+ (also available in 24 small jars, 12 large jars, 24 large jars, and a sample bundle).
3. A bedside caddy in case you barely fit your bed into your bedroom and *definitely* don’t have room for a bedside table. Your remotes, Kindle, and other gadgets have a new home now!
Promising review: “I had a nicer-looking, more expensive version of this in my cart originally. This was one-third of that price and I’m so glad I went with this one. It’s got a sturdy backing on both pieces (a piece with pockets and a piece that goes between mattresses), one large pocket closest to the bed, and three decent-sized mesh pockets. I have it between my mattress and box spring.” —Danielle
Get it from Amazon for $5.99 (available in two colors).
4. Or a super cool floating bedside table — it takes up less space than a regular night stand and easily attaches to your bed frame so you can keep your essentials within reach at all times.
BedShelfie / Etsy
BedShelfie is a POC-owned small business that focuses on space-saving minimalist nightstands.
Promising review: “Amazing! We don’t have a lot of room on one side of our bed, and this is the perfect fix. It’s sturdy, and there’s plenty of room for your things by the bed.” —Carolyn Tripp
5. A roll-up drying rack that’ll free up soooo much precious counter space that used to be occupied by piles of damp pots and pans.
You can also use it to wash and dry produce!
Promising review: “This product is a game-changer for small kitchens. Forego the large drying rack and get this sleek, stylish space-saver. I don’t like leaving dishes in the sink, nor do I have a dishwasher, and this is just perfect for keeping the sink clean and leaving the counter space open. It’s also amazing for washing produce.” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $8.41+ (available in two colors and eight sizes).
6. A set of cascading closet organizers for anyone who’s running out of room in their closet, but has ZERO plans to stop buying clothes any time soon. Now you can fit *way* more items while taking up even *less* space!
Watch in amazement as your closet suddenly gains so much storage space!
Promising review: “Not sure why I didn’t expect them to work as well as it sounds…but they absolutely work as well as they sound! Makes MUCH more room in my closet. I used for purses, jackets, tank tops, and dresses, and it has been holding very well. When I need something, I just push the others aside and raise up the one I need. Very pleased with my purchase!” —Dennis A. Evans
Get a four-pack on Amazon for $8.99+ (available in five pack sizes).
7. A flexible power strip here to change the game for anyone who has ever struggled to get all of their plugs to reach and fit on a standard outlet strip — especially in a tiny, cluttered room where the only outlet is far, far away.
iJoy is a small biz that sells a variety of tech accessories, speakers, and headphones.
Promising review: “I rarely write a review (this is the second in the past few years). One of the best purchases in a long time. Nice design and very practical. It solves all of my problems as it can go any direction. It’s worth every penny. I turned around and bought two more. I am about to buy my fourth one. Love this!” —Pond P.
Get it from Amazon for $17.99 (available in five colors).
8. Or a wall charger featuring six outlets and two USB fast-charging ports so you can keep all of your devices juiced through the entire work day without adding outlet strips to your room that’s already lacking in floor space.
Promising review: “I work from home in a small apartment, and this really made my setup work the way I want it to. I need to use all six plugs, plus I like to keep my phone and Mi-Fi charging while working too. This was the perfect thing for me to get everything plugged in and essentially retrofitted into a built-in apartment wall desk setup that was intended for the large desktop towers of the late ’90s. I’m ordering a second one in hopes it transforms another part of my weird floor plan. Bonus: The USB ports seem to fast-charge my iPhone XS Max. I can go from dead to fully charged in about 90 minutes.” —Moose
Get it from Amazon for $12.98.
9. A three-piece table set with stools that can slide right under the table, keeping it from hogging your already limited kitchen real estate when it’s not in use.
Promising review: “I just moved into a small apartment with no dining room and not enough room in the kitchen for a table. This was a perfect answer. The table looks nice enough to be included in the living room and small enough to create a dedicated dining space. This was priced great.
I’m a single, slightly built senior and had no problems getting this assembled by myself. Easy and fast. All pieces were marked, holes were predrilled, and the hardware all fit. I love the real wood — it looks like a much more expensive piece of furniture than the cost would imply. It appears quite sturdy with no wobbly stools — the table legs may eventually require some reinforcement if I move it around a lot, but that’s just inherent with the clean design. I truly could not be happier.” —Tally
Get it from Amazon for $121.42+ (available in three colors).
10. A slim shelving unit — roll it right into those little crevices where nothing else fits to maximize the storage opportunities in your home!
Promising review: “This was a great touch for a previously wasted space between my washer and dryer in my laundry room. It works best if it can roll straight out, but my husband secured the joints. It also allowed me space for the iron and ironing products rather than filling up my utility closet.” —Wayfair Customer
Get it from Wayfair for $28.66 (originally $79.99).
11. A strong magnetic stove shelf for anyone whose kitchen is painfully low on counter and cupboard space.
Promising review: “The shelf installed in a snap. It has two sturdy magnets that hold it securely onto the slightly rounded back of my stove. I felt comfortable setting a full jar of honey on it, and I haven’t seen it move at all as I have been cooking. I have limited space in the kitchen, so I’m really happy to have an additional place to set things I need frequently. It doesn’t look like an add-on; it looks like part of the stove. I’m really happy with it!” —Sylvia J.
Get it from Amazon for $37.99+ (available in three sizes and three colors).
12. An over-the-door towel rack so you have somewhere to put your towels that isn’t all over your teeny tiny bathroom floor. Plus, it includes hooks so you can hang your robe and other clothes too!
Promising review: “I bought this in the satin nickel and it goes very well with my sons’ bathroom hardware. It is lightweight and hangs nicely over the bathroom door. It was very easy to put together with only six small screws (my nine-year-old put it together). I like that it has the extra hooks at the bottom of the rack for smaller towels, or in my case, childrens’ robes. It is definitely a space saver in a small bathroom shared by two boys. We will see if it helps them keep their towels off the floor. A mother can dream, right?” —Jo Rose
Get it from Amazon for $18.49+ (available in two finishes).
13. A tiny outlet shelf ideal for storing an electric toothbrush, your glasses, or any other small objects that don’t really fit anywhere else.
FYI, it installs like a regular outlet cover. Of course except with the wonderful shelf. Can also be installed so the shelf is below the outlet.
Promising review: “I was very skeptical about this one. I had it in my cart for a while and just couldn’t get myself to order it. Once I did and I received it, I was so happy I did. I will be ordering more now. It adds an extra storing space. My laundry room is very limited so any added storing is key! I use it for my dryer sheets. I’ll be ordering another to store a small trash bin for lint from the dryer. I’m thinking about also adding these around the house for other things. So easy to install, takes literally less than two minutes.” —Hazel Vera
Get it from Amazon for $12.99 (available in four colors and three pack sizes).
14. A multilayered jewelry organizer so you can store earrings, rings, and other small jewelry in a compact *and* stylish way. The layers can be opened in any direction — and when they’re all closed, the result is a small cylinder that’s easy to store *even* if your surfaces are already crowded.
Promising review: “Amazing, I think everyone needs this product for organizing their jewelry. It is super compact, which I love and it is perfect for organizing your jewelry. I split my rings, earrings, necklaces, and bracelets into four separate compartments. It works perfectly, no cosmetic imperfections, and is exactly how it is described. It is small, so make sure to know the exact measurements before purchasing if size is a problem.” —Emily Zhang
Get it from Amazon for $8.09+ (available in three colors).
15. Some under-bed storage containers to be a home for all of the clutter in your room that just sort of ~hangs around~ due to the fact that your small closet and *few* drawers are completely maxed out.
You can use these for so much more than clothing! Think craft supplies, extra toiletries, shoes…basically whatever you have too much of.
Promising review: “These storage bags are fantastic. I live in a small apartment where storage space is at a premium. I use these to store my Costco toilet paper and paper towels so I don’t need to make as many trips to the store. It keeps them in pristine condition and out of sight. The handles make them easy to pull in and out, and they fold up nicely when not in use. I’m thinking about getting two more since four will fit under my queen bed.” —Kimberly Dorn
Get a set of two from Amazon for $13.97+ (available in eight pack sizes/variations).
16. And some adjustable bed risers in case you need to make a little more room down there to truly fit EVERYTHING.
They’ll also work with couches or futons.
Promising review: “These blow my mind. They’ve added so much storage under our bed. I worried about them being durable enough to withstand our weight but there was no need to worry. Just this past weekend, both my husband and I were on the bed when two of our teenage sons ran and jumped on the bed with us. I didn’t even hear a creak from these bed risers. There must have been close to 800 lbs. on our bed at that point and these risers held up like champs.” —Kelly McHone
Get them from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in two colors).
17. A hidden bookshelf perfect for small apartments where a standard bookshelf simply will not fit. Plus, it’ll turn your prized book collection into a bookworm’s dream display so you can admire them daily and show them off to all your guests.
Promising review: “These are so much fun! We ordered the small size, which fits standard hardback books (approximately five to seven hardbacks in my experience). They’re a great way to add some extra storage to our very small home, and we’ve placed them in our hallway so people ask us about them all the time. I’d highly recommend!” —LaBuenaVidaMere
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in two sizes and in sets of one or three).
18. A stylish and compact desk that manages to fit in tight spaces, while also offering enough room for your computer monitor, laptop, and other office necessities thanks to its two-tier design.
19. A mounted stemware holder — it’ll defy gravity to essentially turn one shelf into two!
This rack holds nine to 12 glasses depending on their size! And you’re looking for some recommendations for wine glasses, we’ve got your back.
All of the mounting hardware is included, but heads up that these are geared more toward apartment owners than renters since you need to insert self-tapping screws into your cabinets — no drill required!
Promising review: “I really like this wine rack! I needed a nice, space-saving solution for wine glasses that are too tall to go in my glass cabinet, and this rack fit the bill. It was simple to install and looks great. Good buy!” —Cycle Mom
Get it from Amazon for $21.93+ (available in rows of three or four, packs of one or two, and three finishes).
20. Or a hanging wine bottle and glass rack if you need somewhere to store the bottles too!
All of the mounting hardware is included, but unless your landlord is cool with you putting holes in the bottom of your cabinets, this is probably isn’t the best for renters.
Promising review: “The rack is nice-looking. It makes for a beautiful display of my wine glasses, and the solid black color allows the eye to be drawn to the labels on the bottles. It is simple and nice decor for my kitchen.” —John
Get it from Wayfair for $48.99 (originally $52.99).
21. A clear shower curtain with pockets so you can stop trying to balance all of your tubes and bottles on the edge of your teeny tiny tub and knocking them over constantly.
You can hang this shower curtain with the pockets facing either the inside or outside, depending on what you need to store.
Promising review: “I needed more storage in my shower because there are no built-in niches and I only have room for a narrow shower caddy. I saw this idea on Pinterest, but it was geared toward college dorms and small apartments. I found that it works great in any size bathroom.
It has nine pockets of different sizes, so you can store many different items. The liner itself is of heavy plastic and the pockets are of sturdy mesh. The overall quality is very good and it does not feel too thin. My shower rod is screwed into the wall, so I am not concerned about putting too many heavy items in the pockets, but if you have a tension rod, you should be aware not to overload it.” —Minerva King
Get it from Amazon for $20.14+ (available in three colors).
22. A hanging Roll Keeper T-shirt organizer that holds 20 rolls and will revolutionize the way you store your shirts if you have wayyyy more than will fit in your small closet.
The Roll Keeper / Etsy
Promising review: “Our family is growing, and I realized there’s a lot of space in a closet that isn’t being used. That’s how I came across these, and now I have them in all the closets. They make getting clothes so easy, and now we have more space for the growing family! Xoxo!” —Megan
23. A laundry hamper you can hang on the door to help keep your floor free of dirty towels, clothes, and space-hogging laundry baskets.
Promising review: “Very convenient. I’d been looking for new laundry baskets to keep in my bathroom so my family didn’t just throw clothes into a pile on the floor. There isn’t a lot of floor space in there, so I was looking for a tall narrow basket and found these. They are great. I put one on the back of the door and one hanging from a towel rack and labeled one for light colors and, without even asking, my family has been putting their clothes in the correct bin, and I just need to unzip and let the clothes fall into the laundry basket and they are ready to go into the wash. I really like them.” —D. Jelte
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in four colors and packs of two).
24. A desk organizer so you can store your home office supplies in a compact and aesthetically pleasing way, even if your work space isn’t the biggest. Plus, the handle makes it easy to move from place to place if you tend to switch rooms a lot while working.
Get it from our Goodful Shop for $35.
25. Some Command hooks if the absurd lack of surface space in your apartment means that the best place to store things is on the walls. They’re strong enough to hold a wide variety of items and require *no tools* to install. Plus, you can move or remove them whenever you want without leaving behind any damage or annoying sticky residue.
Promising review: “Absolutely love these! I have bought them three times already on Amazon. I have been trying to organize my kitchen utensils. I have minimal counter space and ceramic tile walls behind my counter. I am unable to risk drilling into the tile or to the underside of my cabinets. These sticky hooks are perfect!! They adhere to the tile AND to the wood laminate of my upper cabinets. They also are great on the painted wall and the bumpy side of my refrigerator. I started using these around March of 2020 and I have not had a single one fall down. I have various sizes of kitchen utensils and items hanging from them.” —Tigerakp
Get a pack of 16 from Amazon for $13.99.
26. An acrylic plant hanger in case your plant collection is steadily outgrowing your apartment.
Indoor Window Gardens / Etsy
Indoor Window Gardens is a small, family-owned business based in South Carolina. The acrylic shelves come assembled, and you can secure them with a single fastener.
Promising review: “Not only do these shelves look amazing and give me so much more room for my plants, but the customer service is amazing! I forgot to order extensions with my order, so I contacted the shop, and they helped me by making a special listing for the extensions. They placed them in my original order so everything came together. If you’re looking for a window shelf this is it!!” —Jamie Miner
27. A three-tier, over-the-toilet shelving unit to provide optimal bathroom storage without taking up a ton of your already limited floor space. Your cabinet under the sink will thank you for the extra breathing room.
Promising review: “DO NOT HESITATE!!! Purchase this! You won’t find a better price. I looked at Walmart, Target, Wayfair, Overstock… they all had the same thing for way more $. This is the best price you’ll find this for! So sleek and clean and cute! We have a tiny bathroom and wanted to add more storage without taking up room. This was PERFECT! It even comes with bolts to nail it into the wall so it’s secure, which was super thoughtful considering I have a little one. Love this!!!” –THELASHMOVE | Kaytlin
Get it from Amazon for $65.95 (available in three colors).
28. A yogurt holder that’s basically a genius life hack for anyone whose fridge is at full capacity.
Storage Theory / Etsy
Storage Theory is a small business based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, that specializes in unique and innovative solutions that’ll make your life easier.
Promising review: “I got this to hold Greek yogurts and Just Crack an Egg cups, and it works perfectly for that! It’s a great way to utilize extra space that’s normally just vacant. I love that I could support a small, local business, too!” —Gabrielle Sherman
29. A set of minimalist hooks — use them to hold jackets, bags, sweaters, and other things that usually end up in a pile on that one chair in your room that used to be a nice place to sit until it became the designated landfill for items that have nowhere else to go.
Promising review: “I am chronically cold and have a bunch of very nice knit cardigans. I usually end up leaving them laying over chair backs or recliners and cluttering things up, so I bought these to have a good place to hang them. The thick wood prevents stretching damage from the weight of the sweaters, and not using a hook prevents damage and holes in the knit. Definitely worth the upgrade.” —Lynn M
Get a set of two from Amazon for $17.99 (available in two colors).
30. Or a rustic, wall-mounted coat rack that also offers some shelf space to hold extra items that might not fit anywhere else.
Distressed Me Not/Etsy
Distressed Me Not is a family-owned small business based in North Carolina that creates handmade rustic and beachy pieces that’ll make your home feel warm and toasty.
Promising review: “We live in the mountains and have lots of coats, scarves, and hats all over the place. This rack is twice as big as what we had before, with the added attraction of having a shelf on top. I went to a little antique shop and got a few things to put on top, and my husband and I really like the look! The shelf is well-made and of a quality that it is built to last.” —Bev Linder
31. A folding storage ottoman bench — it has a ton of storage space, a handy divider to keep things organized, and even folds down flat so you can tuck it under your bed or in a cupboard when it isn’t in use.
Promising review: “This storage bench was the answer to my problem of needing inexpensive storage in my bedroom. It looks cute and does the job. Super easy to unfold. I thought it may be flimsy, but once it’s together it’s amazingly sturdy. Great deal!” —A. Wheeler
32. A water bottle organizer for anyone running out of places to store their ever-growing collection of tumblers.
YouCopia is a woman-owned small biz that makes ingenious home and kitchen storage solutions.
Promising review: “This organizer is amazing!!! I always kept our surplus of water bottles in the small cabinet above our sink. Every time I took one out, three more would fall out. I am so glad I found this! It took 20 seconds to put together and forced me to purge some bottles I’ve been hoarding for far too long. Buy this immediately!!!” —RT17
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available with two or three shelves and two widths).
33. A vertical shoe tower so you can remember what your floors looked like before they were covered with your shoe collection. It’s tall and slim, making it great for small spaces!
Take a look at our full roundup of the best shoe organizers for more recs like this.
Promising review: “This is perfect for what we are looking for. It had to fit in a smaller space and served to stop a puddle of shoes from forming at the doorstep. I am glad that we have smaller feet/shoes though as the spaces are a bit narrow. There are only two larger spaces that would work for high-top shoes or heeled boots. All the other spaces fit flats or low sneakers well.” —Sara C.
Get it from Amazon for $44.99+ (available in three colors and two sizes).
34. An extension cable for your MacBook charger in case the closest outlet to your bed…isn’t all that close.
It also stays plugged in much easier than those heavy power bricks on the end of the regular-sized cable.
Promising review: “I find myself having to move closer to an outlet because the normal Apple power cord is so short. I have seen people with the extension, but never really looked into buying one because I figured it would be super expensive. Not what I expected, this is a great purchase and a great price. I wish this came with the Mac when you buy it, but this is a great purchase if you work off of your Mac on the go. It basically doubles the distance you can be from an outlet. Needed purchase if you have a Mac.” —Maria
Get it from Amazon for $19.
35. A macramé produce hammock if you’ve completely run out of surfaces but still wanna store your fruits and veggies in a way that is pleasing to the eye.
KnappsKnots / Via Etsy
Knapps Knots is a San Diego-based small business owned by Anastasia Knapp who is quite possibly making the cutest macrame and wood crafts you’ve ever seen.
Promising review: “Absolutely loved it! Perfect if you have little counter space.” —Jessi
36. A hanging purse organizer so you actually have a place for all of your bags to live.
Promising review: “I ordered two of these, and I am so pleased. They held all my handbags (except two large tote bags), and I have quite a few. I was able to put two purses in most of the slots, and three or four small ones together in a couple of slots. This really made a difference in the organization of my handbags and makes my closet look so much neater. If you are considering this product, I highly recommend. Good value for the price!!!” —Brenda V
Get it from Amazon for $7.67.
37. A set of wall-mounted shelves that are easy to install and will help you de-clutter your other surfaces.
Promising review: “These were super easy to install. I live in an apartment so I can’t make holes in the wall, but push-pins worked just as well! It was sturdy enough to support my decorations and honestly, they are cute. I love the little paper instructions and the nails that already came with it for assembly. Honestly worth the price, the look, and the assembly.” —Adriana
Get a set of three from Amazon for $14.17+ (available in nine colors).
38. Or an adhesive ledge shelf set perfect for anyone who could use more wall storage but would do *anything* to avoid breaking out the drill.
39. A hanging cabinet door organizer so your array of differently sized cutting boards or assortment of on-the-go-food-wrapper boxes can *finally* have a neat ‘n tidy place to call home.
Promising review: “This organizer is so useful! I recently moved and ended up with a much smaller kitchen, so I’ve been doing everything I can to make sure there’s a place for everything and no wasted space. Luckily, I have pretty wide cabinets, so this works out perfectly.
I have one holding my cutting boards (four standard plastic boards) and another holding my foil, cling wrap, and parchment paper boxes. The organizer is super easy to assemble and it’s completely versatile. Hang it over the cabinet door or attach it to the wall/cabinet door, which means it’s great for renters and owners.” —Kerry
Get it from Amazon for $14.87+ (also available as a two-pack).
40. A metal desk organizer that’ll help keep your WFH office supplies from cluttering up your desk. Plus, it’ll lift your monitor up a little bit so you can stop craning your neck all day long.
Promising review: “Perfect for my needs! Adding additional monitor to my home office setup, and this lifts my laptop to align with it. Also gives me room for storage and prevents me from having to constantly look down. Very sturdy, highly recommend.” —Jennifer Lewis
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in two colors).
41. A cap organizer — it wraps around hangers and clothes racks so you have somewhere to keep your ever-growing collection of hats, scarves, and other accessories.
Each cap organizer can hold up to 10 items.
Promising review: “I give five stars for this hat organizer! I wish I discovered this product sooner. It is VERY easy to add onto a hanger. Simply open the flap, slip it over the hanger, and reattach the Velcro. The Velcro strip is wide and sturdy to prevent the entire thing from coming undone. Even after adding weight from the hats, the Velcro didn’t even budge. Overall the product is sewn well and appears like it does in the pictures. The clips are sturdy and can grasp thinner hats just as well as thick hats. This would be useful for other items like belts, hair accessories, and scarfs too!!” —Tracy
Get it from Amazon for $5.99+ (available in four colors and multipacks).
42. A three-tier bamboo rack that can be wall-mounted if you are fresh out of floor space or left free-standing if you have just enough room to fit its slim profile.
Promising review: “Recently removed the radiators out of my old house, and the bathroom had a narrow space that just looked empty. This fit perfectly, providing much-needed storage, and it keeps the room from looking cluttered. Easy to assemble and sturdy enough that I am not afraid of it falling apart. Love this!” —Amber Kuhn
Get it from Amazon for $34.99+ (available in two colors).
43. An adjustable mug organizer set here to revolutionize the way you store your mugs. The expandable legs make it easy to securely stack mugs of different shapes and sizes so you can take advantage of unused vertical space in your cabinets.
Promising review: “I love these cup organizers. I have a small cabinet above where my coffee pot is, and these have made it a pleasure to open that cabinet. All cups are organized and easy to get to. They stay right where they should be. No more stacking them inside one another and them falling over when I open the cabinet. I also use these for some bowls in my dish set. Works great. I just ordered a couple more, and I am going to use them for my china cabinet. Worth every penny and more. I cannot say enough good things about these.” —ChefGirl
Get a set of six (to organize 12 mugs) from Amazon for $24.99 (available in three colors).
Some reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.